[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 Errors

Lisa Setters lisa.setters at asburyseminary.edu
Mon Sep 18 09:27:55 EDT 2017

We have our EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) configured to use Evergreen's
Z39.50 server to display call numbers and availability.

Too often, we find that this connection has gone down. In this case, we see
a spinning wheel showing that EDS is trying to connect to Evergreen. This
spinning wheel disappears after EDS determines that it will not be able to
access the material.

When this happens, we reboot the Z39.50 server and the connection is
restored.

Does anybody have any idea as to how we can resolve this?

Lisa Setters
Research and Web Librarian
859.858.2100
Frequently Asked Questions <http://answers.asburyseminary.edu>
Library Instructional Services
Asbury Theological Seminary

*We have a new Library Loan Website! See
http://guides.asburyseminary.edu/libraryloan for instructions.*