[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] online registration and mobile app

Aubrey Area Library aubreyarealibrary at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:01:01 EDT 2018

My response on Launchpad.

Definitely something our library, and possibly consortium, would be
interested in. Like Terran the issue of duplication and patrons "gaming"
the system is an issue we would like to avoid. Each library in our
consortium is pretty autonomous and each offers varying levels of online
services so account duplication is something we keep an eye out from.

Also the ability to toggle staff review before account creation would be
nice for those libraries that like to keep a tighter grip on things.

Currently with patron self pre-registration we can set what fields are
required so the issue is not the information we are getting but the
verification of that information. For example, some people do not know
their county, and in our case City, as the zip code covers several
different municipalities.
Thanks,
Jordan Woodard
Aubrey Area Library

--

If you need further assistance, please contact the library at 940-365-9162
or send a reply email.

226 Countryside Dr., Aubrey, TX 76227