[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seeking Support Partners: Batch Place Holds

Chauncey chauncey at yourcl.org
Tue Dec 18 12:27:07 EST 2018

Inspired by patron buckets, the Consortium of Ohio Libraries (COOL) has started investigating the development of a feature that would allow staff to place batch holds on an item.  For example, if you have a list of 20 patrons that always want to read Stephen King's latest book, you would create a subscription list called, "Stephen King."  When the library adds a new title by Stephen King, staff can simply pull up that subscription list and place all 20 patrons on hold at once.  Essentially, it allows for standing hold lists for patrons.

COOL has worked with Equinox to develop the specifications of the project.  We would now like to take the next step of developing the feature.  We are looking for potential funding partners to assist with this feature.  If your consortium or library is interested in helping out, please contact me.

A copy of the specification document can be found at https://yeti.esilibrary.com/dev/public/techspecs/place_holds_multiple_patrons.pdf.

Thanks.
CM
--