[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Lost Materials Processing Fee - Option to not void on return

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Tue Feb 13 10:25:29 EST 2018

Hello, I'm just curious if any other locations have this policy and how they have handled it.  We currently have the policy of not refunding the Lost Materials processing fee when a lost and paid item is returned.  Our thinking is that the lost processing fee covers some of the costs of re-ordering and processing a replacement item.  So we don't want to refund it since we could have already ordered a replacement copy.

We are on 2.8 and I cannot currently see that there are any preferences related to not refunding the processing fee.  So we have been handling it manually.  I don't see any future options that would allow this either.

I'm curious if this policy is unique to us?  If it isn't, is anyone else interested in having an option to not refund processing fees?

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110