[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hybrid Consortium: FIFO and Opportunistic

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Tue Feb 13 14:42:26 EST 2018

Yes, you have it correct.  At checkin, the system uses the best hold sort order associated with the copies owning lib.  Another side effect of using different best hold sort methods is that explaining it to staff gets convoluted.

You can double check me also by looking at the code at
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/Application/Storage/Publisher/action.pm;hb=HEAD#l550
which shows the get_hold_sort_order being called using the copy owning lib as the only argument.

And just a tip for testing, if you use soft hold stalling and you are placing a bunch of holds to test with, watch out for the effects of the soft stalling on the results.  It may skip the hold you think should be picked because it isn't at the correct location.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director