[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 3.1 Release Update

Daniel Wells dbwells at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:18:58 EST 2018

Hello Josh,

Sorry for the slow reply.  Another person asked a similar question
privately, so I will borrow my answer from there:

----------------------------------

Yeah, that is one area where the plan is a little squishy.  Buried at the
end of my "explanation" is the following cryptic (in retrospect) statement:
"Furthermore, consideration and expansion of our own API "desc" elements is
highly recommended, but is also outside the limited scope of this project."

In short, I ran out of steam trying to quantify them, so I tried setting
the comment % bar to the lower end of the spectrum in recognition of that.  We
definitely don't want to duplicate that data into comments, I think.  I
hope to take another crack at adding those to the big picture, but wanted
to get something out the door.

To speak more directly to your comments, you are right that the API-level
documentation is very uneven, and I definitely encourage their expansion.
I don't foresee finding time to do analysis in that area for this release,
but that doesn't mean we won't be able to calculate in retrospect and
evaluate if any progress was made.  Thank you for asking!

Sincerely,
Dan