[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Join us for Evergreen session at ALA MidWinter!

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Jan 25 14:04:01 EST 2018

With the changing services libraries offer to their patrons, staff
workflows are quickly changing as we strive to keep up with our
customers’ high expectations. Library systems also need to adapt to
support these modern workflows.

The Evergreen community is leading a session at the 2018 American
Library Association Midwinter meeting to show how Evergreen 3.0 is
helping libraries serve their users in the modern age. Evergreen at the
desk, on the road, and everywhere in between
<https://www.eventscribe.com//2018/ALA-Midwinter/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=333551>is
scheduled for 1 to 2 p.m. at the Colorado Convention Center, Mile High 1E.

Released this fall, Evergreen 3.0 features a new client that can run in
a web browser on a desktop, tablet, or mobile phone. In addition to a
new modern interface and new way of doing business, Evergreen 3.0 brings
us many new features like digital bookplates, batch-editing of user
records, public catalog support for linking to maps of shelving
locations, and more robust infrastructure.

The session will also highlight new features expected in the March 2018
Evergreen release and provide opportunities for attendees to ask
question about Evergreen and the community that supports it.

I hope to see many of you there!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier