[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Floor Plan - Map - Drawing Software

Jim Taylor jtaylor at jtdata.com
Mon Jul 16 15:47:29 EDT 2018

The Google Geo-Location API now has a fee associated with it.   Free to a point but never know when they will change that.   Depends on how much such a thing would be worth to you.   You can provide your own tiles with the API so very flexible in that regard.  Assuming you could layout your entire library with as much detail as you want with the standard google map magnification and navigation options.

Here is a possibly useful option using My Maps.   Their My Maps has very crude drawing tools but other options are available for importing data/images/video/etc. and enhancing the map.   You could create something like this but far better looking and associate the appropriate map with items in the catalog.  That would give you a somewhat dynamic way to provide directions from the item detail, or wherever.  Obviously you could do a similar thing with your own maps but might find some things easier or with more options using My Maps.

      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BW_ZS935kbd0pqukfQNAdCBA8h6wsCe0&usp=sharing

Jim