[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Carts, baskets, folders or something else?

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Jun 7 14:58:36 EDT 2018

Hi all,
I'm reaching out to the community for help in naming a new feature that we
hope will be included in Evergreen 3.2.

MassLNC has sponsored a project that will allow users to select a batch of
titles from the catalog search results page and then perform a variety of
actions on those titles (place a hold, add to a list, print, email, etc.).

When titles are selected they are automatically added to something that
will essentially replace the Evergreen temporary lists.

When MassLNC ran some focus groups with library staff over a year ago, this
was a frequently requested feature. At the same time, focus group
participants often said they just wanted a quick way to add titles to "a
cart." When I pointed out that people could already add titles to a
temporary list, a common response was that the label "temporary list" isn't
very informative for the end user. They are used to web apps that use a
cart, basket or bag to perform the same function.

We would like community input on what this new thing should be called. If
you would like to provide feedback, please fill out the one-question survey
at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XNKWPZ9.