[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Delay on removing deleted records

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jun 19 10:46:13 EDT 2018

It depends. Some times the re-indexing is fast and the empty record is
removed and doesn't show up in the OPAC view right away. Other times there
is a delay and it takes several minutes. When I have a list of records
opened doing database cleanup, I see both as I am working. Sometimes it
takes re-doing my initial search for the records to not display in the list
and sometimes it happens as I return to the list to check the next records.
The records usually clear within a few minutes.

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service/PINES
1800 Century Place, Ste. 150