[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Course Reserves

Beth Willis willis at noblenet.org
Tue Jun 19 12:27:50 EDT 2018

 At NOBLE we have seven libraries currently managing course reserves with
Syrup.

Overall, our libraries' staff have been happy with Syrup's functionality
and find it to be an effective tool for managing course reserve materials.
 While we wish that course reserves were more closely integrated with
Evergreen, Syrup does allow library staff to look up faculty from the
Evergreen database and to update the status and copy location of reserve
items in Evergreen.  At most of our libraries, Syrup is used primarily by
staff rather than by students and Syrup's keyword search makes it easy for
staff to help students to identify course materials.

Beth

--
Beth Willis
Digital & Catalog Librarian