[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Anyone using Evergreen to have patrons read a "user agreement"?

Daniel Wells dbwells at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:56:06 EDT 2018

Hello Yamil,

This sounds like a fun and very doable project.  Just spitballing:

1) From what I can understand, the conceptual requirement is a flag which
can both block circulation (etc.) and be changeable by the user (on their
own account).  We certainly have things which do one or the other, but it's
out the ordinary for these two attributes to go together, and I can't think
of anything existing which could meet both sides of this need.  I would
therefore suggest a new standing penalty of "agreement not acknowledged"
(or whatever), then a very simple middle-layer method to allow a user to
remove this penalty from only themselves.
2) As far as the UI, I'd go for an exclusive modal box of some sort to
appear over the "my opac" page for anyone with this penalty, then have the
checkbox or "agree" button run this new middle-layer method (and refresh
the page).

In essence, once in place, anyone who doesn't have this penalty must have
logged in and agreed at some point.

Good luck!
Dan