[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Anyone using Evergreen to have patrons read a "user agreement"?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Jun 21 17:26:16 EDT 2018

Thank you Terran, Elaine, and Dan,

I really appreciate all your suggestions.

- Terran, your approach may be the quickest thing we can do for the first
run, or even permanently.

- Elaine, I had never used surveys in EG, I will look into them.

- Dan, thanks for your ideas. I initially was wondering if I could use a
".tt2" file within the "myopac" code to essentially toggle the "barred" or
"inactive" actor.usr column value to prevent circulation, until the patrons
had read/acknowledged the agreement. Though up to know I have not learned
enough about the restrictions in the EG Code base that may prevent a user
to trigger a change to that column for their own record. I see why you
suggested a standing penalty. Also, I would need to learn how to write the new
middle-layer method if I decide on that approach. If I do I will bring it
up on IRC or the dev list.

Thank you all again for your help,
Yamil

Yamil Suarez, MCS
Associate Director of Library Systems & Web Development

Stan Getz Library
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02215