[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Billing notices?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Tue Mar 13 10:24:25 EDT 2018

Terran,

Thanks!   That gets a bit closer.

   I am TRYING to use that trigger for the notices.   It seems like a good fit, but I don’t see that it is working properly.  So there must be something I am missing.    The trigger or hook or something is not right.

  And for clarification to everyone – I don’t mean billing for lost or damaged items.   I mean for FINES.   Fines that have exceeded a threshold or amount.   Fines that have been on an account for a certain period of time.   HOW does everyone deal with this?     Does everyone just let the amount sit there?     I know that there is a way to limit their circulation functions or other things when the amount reaches a limit, but wouldn’t it be nice to NOTIFY people when that happens before they try to come in to check out books?    It would also be very effective to notify patrons on some kind of time line so that they don’t let the amount sit and never get paid.   To be more clear – we have a transitory population – at an academic institution.   We cannot let our students leave campus without taking care of their bills – especially those over any limits we set.   It would be GREAT to have the notices go out one last time just prior to the end of each semester.   (our previous system had things like this and I confess I don’t know why this is so difficult in Evergreen)

  Why can’t notices be triggered by a specific date?   Or a relative date?

Thanks for any information anyone can supply!

Jennifer