[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] HTML entities in MARC Record editor

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Tue Mar 20 16:50:14 EDT 2018

Hello, could someone give me some pointers in regards to html entities in marc data?  Sometimes I see & used in 490a data and displayed as & in the evergreen marc editor, and in the catalog it is displayed as & and not as &.

We also see things like a 520 that contains & but it does get displayed as & in the catalog?

And when I look at the biblio.record_entry.marc It looks like & in the editor gets encoded as &, so is this a double encoding error?  Should I ever see html entities when looking at marc data in the editor?

If those should be cleaned up, anyone have any magic spells/queries for doing so?
Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110