[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Non-keyboard mechanisms for using XUL client?

Murphy, Benjamin Benjamin.Murphy at ncdcr.gov
Tue Mar 27 16:48:18 EDT 2018

One of the Library Directors in our consortium asked this question today and I thought this group might be able to offer some insight or feedback. Have any of you worked with methods that don't make heavy use of the keyboard for interacting with the XUL client? (We're on 2.11)

"Her question was if there was another way of keying data into Evergreen ILS?  She might be in a situation where she could not type or with difficulty.   This also brought forth an ADA issue in my mind about a patron not being able to enter data. Do you know of any alternatives - I thought Dragon Naturally Speaking as an alternative."

Benjamin

Benjamin Murphy
NC Cardinal Program Manager
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919.807.7424  |  benjamin.murphy at ncdcr.gov