[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Non-keyboard mechanisms for using XUL client?

Benjamin Kalish bkalish at forbeslibrary.org
Sat Mar 31 13:24:42 EDT 2018

I've used a touch screen keyboard with the XUL client, and of course lots
of folks use barcode scanners. I don't see any reason why Dragon Naturally
Speaking would be different, though I haven't used it myself. The client
should be agnostic to what kind of "keyboard" is used. Any input device
that can enter text should be fine.

If you do go the Dragon route this page of voice equivalents for keyboard
combinations ("Using your keyboard by voice") may be useful:
https://www.nuance.com/products/help/dragon/dragon-for-pc/enx/professionalgroup/main/Content/CommandandControl/using_your_keyboard.htm

Benjamin Kalish
Forbes Library / 413-587-1012 / bkalish at forbeslibrary.org

Support Forbes Library:

   - Consider giving a gift <http://www.forbeslibrary.org/giving> to Forbes
   Library
   - Vote for the Friends of Forbes in the Florence Bank Community Grant
   Program <https://www.florencebank.com/vote>.
   - Join the Friends the Forbes today <https://forbeslibrary.org/friends/>!

Currently reading: *Skies of Ash* by Rachel Howzell Hall
Just Finished: *The Stone in the Skull* by Elizabeth Bear

For information about accessibility at the library, please see:
http://forbeslibrary.org/accessibility/

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Murphy, Benjamin <Benjamin.Murphy at ncdcr.gov