[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cash Reports Accuracy

Dimmick Library ILL dmljt.ill at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:16:17 EDT 2018

Hi!

At our library, using the report available in Administration -->
Workstation  --> Cash Reports has not been accurate; it's consistently much
lower than our physical cash. Our library uses a cash drawer (not a
register) and we only accept cash or checks as payments, so for
bookkeeping, we need to have the payments entered into Evergreen reconciled
with physical cash.

We have been looking for a way to create an accurate cash report that
matches the amount we remove from the register and deposit weekly. I've
tried to systematically create an accurate report template (I'm up to test
template #25 so far) but none yet have been accurate as far as the cash
amount collected in the register.

Additionally, working with cash/payment/billing templates has been very
confusing, as column labels such as "Total Paid" appear under so many
different source paths. Through process of elimination, I feel like I'm
getting closer to finding the correct columns (I've started working within
the ILS User core source--does that sound right? I've tried different
payments sources as well) but somehow there are still payments being
missed, and I don't know where to look.

Does anyone have any tips or documentation they can share as far as
locating the correct columns to include in a template for an accurate
cash/payment report?

Sarah MacNeill
Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Dimmick Memorial Library