[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Overdue Fines Issue

JonGeorg SageLibrary jongeorg.sagelibrary at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 19:51:47 EDT 2019

When I look at syslog it shows the fine generator runs at :05 and :40 every
hour.

My understanding was that the lock file was only present when it was
actively running. I tested that today at 16:40 and it was present for about
90 seconds or so before deleting itself.

As far as attempting to run the command sudo /openils/bin/fine_generator.pl
as root, I get the response bootstrap config required. However, that is the
same response I had gotten after a restart of the server in the past when
it was working properly. And when I tried to research that response, I
couldn't find anything useful in the forums, and since it was working
correctly as a cronjob I didn't pursue it.

-Jon