[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2020
rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Dec 11 13:13:20 EST 2019
Proposals are still open for the Hack-A-Way in 2020. Right now we have
several locations that have expressed interest but no actual proposals.
Past entities that have hosted the Hack-A-Way have included Calvin College,
Equinox (twice), State Library of Indiana (thrice), and MassLNC.
The Hack-A-Way is a great opportunity to host a community event that
doesn't require the resources of the conference. The Hack-A-Way is an
annual event now in its 9th year and an opportunity for developers to work
together face to face and do strategic planning for the coming year for
Evergreen. The event is held in the Fall each year and more details can be
The host facility is expected to provide the following:
- A clean meeting space for 15 - 30 people.
- Working space and power for laptops.
- A TV, projector or other display.
- Adequate bandwidth for the users.
- A few snacks and forms of hydration and caffeine to keep blood sugar
and typing up.
- Facilitate reasonable hotel accommodations (cheaper is better but no
- Although not required, it has become a tradition for the host to
What a host receives for their labors is good will, recognition, helping
move development forward and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Rogan Hamby, MLIS
Data and Project Analyst
Equinox Open Library Initiative
phone: 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
email: rogan at EquinoxInitiative.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Open-ils-general