[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Publisher in Evergreen Reports

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 15:09:13 EDT 2019

Hi Mary, I believe I can help with your XPath questions.

If you wanted to get just the "current/latest" dates, and only publication
dates (as opposed to distribution, etc) you could do something like this:

 //*[(@tag="260" and @ind1="3") or (@tag="264" and @ind1="3" and
@ind2="1")]/*[@code="c"]

I imagine the indicator 1 values may be too strict, though.  To get just
the first found in the record (and without the perhaps-too-strict indicator
1 tests):

 //*[@tag="260" or (@tag="264" and @ind2="1")]/*[@code="c"][1]

And to get the last, presumably the 264 if it exists:

 //*[@tag="260" or (@tag="264" and @ind2="1")]/*[@code="c"][last()]

Ordering is based on document element order, FWIW.

And, finally, the "Remove \D" refers to removing non-numeric characters
from the extracted string.

HTH,

--
Mike Rylander