[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Longer text in added content in OPAC fails to show

Linda Jansova skolkova at chello.cz
Fri Oct 11 05:18:32 EDT 2019

Hi,

We have encountered a strange behavior in Evergreen 3.3 (maybe it is
also valid for Evergreen 3.2 while our experience proves that in 3.1 it
is okay):

When longer text should be shown as added content (e.g., summary but
also textual TOCs) in the online catalog, it actually fails to load.

Our developer Jakub Kotrla, author of ObalkyKnih.pm module for pulling
added content from the Czech provider, has made a number of tests and
has found out that a text composed of 766 letters "a" is visible but 767
letters of "a" are not.

A more elaborate description can be found at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1843884.

Does anyone have any idea what might have changed in 3.2 or 3.3 that
could be causing this?

Thank you!

Linda