[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 3.3 and copy/item alerts - mixed client use

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Tue Oct 15 11:58:11 EDT 2019

Hello, we are upgrading to 3.3 from an older version.  And were planning on
a phased change over to using the web client after the upgrade.

I just noticed that the xul client cannot use the new item alerts, and all
existing item alerts are migrated from asset.copy to the new
asset.copy_alert during the database upgrade.

So I'm wondering what others have done to re-add all the alerts back to the
asset.copy alerts field so xul client users can still be alerted, and how
you have dealt with synchronizing the alerts between the two locations
during your transition period.

Thanks
Josh

--