[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 3.3 and copy/item alerts - mixed client use

Driscoll, Martha driscoll at noblenet.org
Tue Oct 15 15:01:03 EDT 2019

Hi Josh,
When we upgraded to 3.1 we were not ready to implement the web client.  We
commented out the part of the 3.0.6-3.1.0 upgrade script that clears the
legacy copy alerts so XUL still had access to the copy alerts.  We did
training on the web client on 3.1 but nobody did production cataloging.

When we upgraded to 3.2 six months later we went exclusively to the web
client.  We deleted the new copy alerts (which were created during the 3.1
upgrade) and then re-ran the part of the script from 3.0.6-3.1.0 that
converts the legacy copy alerts in asset.copy to asset.copy_alert and
deletes the old alerts.

You could probably do something similar on a library-by-library basis, but
I don't think you can have circulation staff and tech services staff on two
different clients in the same library.  Our 26 libraries came up on the web
client all at once after a few months of training and access to the web
client.  It went smoothly and our support staff were not overwhelmed with
calls.

Martha Driscoll, Systems Manager
North of Boston Library Exchange
www.noblenet.org