[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Seeking funding partners: Single Sign-On for the Evergreen OPAC

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Fri Oct 18 12:45:55 EDT 2019

Hi colleagues,

Linn-Benton Community College is seeking funding partners for an
exciting project: adding Single Sign On capabilities to the Evergreen
OPAC.  This would allow patrons to automatically be logged in to the
Evergreen OPAC when also logged in to other SSO-enabled systems.

Here at LBCC, we're particularly excited because:
1) It will provide a smoother experience for users, who won't have to
go through a bunch of different log in screens for various campus
systems.
2) It will allow us to move away from generating really insecure
passwords on our patron accounts.

Note that this is different from the recent discussions of OpenAthens
functionality.  This would be a general approach that would be
compatible with any SAML system.

If you are interested and might be able to secure some funds locally
for this project, please get in touch with me directly.  We do have a
quote from Equinox, along with some functional specs that I'd be happy
to share.

Warm regards,

  -Jane

--