[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deadline Extended: Site Need for 2021 Evergreen Conference

Scott Thomas sthomas at albright.org
Fri Oct 18 12:49:00 EDT 2019

Dear Evergreen Community.
            Those of us who have attended the Evergreen International Conference have visited some wonderful places (in my case Raleigh, NC; Covington, KY; St. Charles, MO) and some of us have had the honor of hosting the conference. In 2019 we hosted it here in Pennsylvania, and next year it will be in Atlanta. We are looking for sites to host the 2021 Evergreen Conference. Why host an Evergreen Conference? Isn't it a lot of work? Well, yes, there is a commitment of time and energy, but there are also some great benefits:

*        Every state and town has something unique to offer. This is your chance to show it off!

*        Help the local economy. Conference attendees always enjoy dine-outs at local restaurants, shopping, and visiting tourist sites. An appreciative business community can help the local library when it comes time for advocacy.

*        If the conference is close to you, this means no need for flights and some people may even be able to commute. Given the state of travel budgets, this, for some people in our libraries, may be the only chance they will have to attend an Evergreen conference.

*        .....and let's not forget: this helps out the Evergreen Community. There is no ILS vendor out there who can setup a conference for us. It is up to us, and giving back is appreciated and helps us move forward as a community.
 Qualifications and the applications are here. (Yes, if you hosted already, you can do it again.)
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=conference:eg09:conference_nominations#<https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=conference:eg09:conference_nominations>

Please email your proposals to eg-sites at list.evergreen-ils.org<mailto:eg-sites at list.evergreen-ils.org> by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, October 31, 2019.

Address any questions to eg-sites at list.evergreen-ils.org<mailto:eg-sites at list.evergreen-ils.org> and we will respond as soon as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you!