[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing vertical rotated text through hatch

Floyd, Angelia Lynn LFloyd1 at library.IN.gov
Thu Oct 24 16:30:00 EDT 2019

Check out my receipts in my git hub: https://github.com/alynn26/Evergreen-Receipts

The hold_shelf_slip_vertical.html<https://github.com/alynn26/Evergreen-Receipts/blob/master/hold_shelf_slip_vertical.html> has the Vertical hold slip printing in hatch, I know this because I tested it in Hatch with a receipt printer.

This is the div I used: <div style="writing-mode: vertical-rl; text-orientation: mixed; float:right;">

-----------------------------
Lynn Floyd
MIS Supervisor
Indiana State Library
https://www.in.gov/library/
315 W Ohio St
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-232-3290
lfloyd1 at library.in.gov
________________________________
From: Open-ils-general <open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org> on behalf of Josh Stompro <stomproj at gsuite.larl.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:18 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing vertical rotated text through hatch

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hello, We just upgraded from 2.10 to 3.3 last weekend, and we are currently working through all our documentation to get ready to switch to the web client.

I'm working on setting up our receipt templates for transit and hold slips.  And I'm noticing when I try to use the css "text-orientation: upright ; writing-mode: vertical-rl;" to create vertical stacked text, it is just ignored when printing, but only when I'm printing through hatch.  If I use browser printing, it works fine.

So is hatch rendering the print jobs when it is used?  And is there a list of what CSS it doesn't support?

Josh

--
Josh Stompro - IT Director
Lake Agassiz Regional Library