[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hatch help for Windows 7, Evergreen 3.1.11

Blake Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Mon Oct 28 16:17:15 EDT 2019

Jon,

We've ran into the same issue. It's usually one of these:

1. Hatch isn't running.
2. Hatch and the browser are unable to talk to each other.

Troubleshooting includes running the hatch client manually (before
opening the Evergreen staff client)
1. Open a command window and navigate to the Hatch folder: "C:\Program
Files (x86)\Hatch"
2. Execute the batch file: hatch.bat
3. Observe the output and it should* stay running with one of the last
lines looking like this: "2019-10-28 15:13:48 INFO   Using data
directory: C:\Users\username\.evergreen"
4. Head over to the browser and interact with
Administration->workstation admin->Print/Storage Service ("Hatch")
5. See what the command window shows. Might be some helpful messages in
there.

Also: try the new (beta) version of Hatch, rinse and repeat
(https://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/Hatch-Installer-0.3.2.exe)

-Blake-
Conducting Magic
MOBIUS