[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Preferred Name on Notices

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Thu Sep 5 16:00:37 EDT 2019

Michele,

Yes, I think that having fields on the user object that return the
preferred names or regular names if there is no preferred name would be
useful.  It could shortcut some coding.

That said, it would require some plumbing changes to the Evergreen
object system, and I'm not sure how generic it could be.

I am adding preferred name to our email templates, and it requires some
conditional logic in the templates.  It would be nice if I could put
that in a separate template file that gets included in the others to
avoid duplicate code, but I don't think the templates in the database
can include other templates.

Cheers,
Jason