[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 3.3.3 staff client receipt printing & defaults

Morgan, Michele mmorgan at noblenet.org
Mon Sep 9 16:25:48 EDT 2019

Hi Josh,

Since moving to 3.2 where workstation settings were moved to the server,
we've been making use of org unit settings to set default print templates.
Any workstation setting can be turned into an org unit setting as Bill
Erickson described here:

https://markmail.org/message/hfaogumstphagscy

We have set a number of default print templates at the consortium org unit
level as consortium defaults, and upon request of a library, have copied
print templates configured on a given workstation into org unit settings
for that library so they don't need to be set on each workstation. We've
left the workstation setting types so that individual workstations can
override the org unit settings when necessary.

This has been pretty successful, eliminating the need for library staff to
move them from workstation to workstation on a flash drive.

We've done this for many column settings as well.

Hope this is helpful.
Michele
--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Support Analyst
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org