[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Marc field change script

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Tue Apr 7 08:22:06 EDT 2020

Glen & Rogan,

I prefer to do these things outside of the database, i.e. pull the
record out with DBI, modify it, and then update it with DBI.

I'm not a fan of writing database functions for something that I'll use
only once or twice.

I have some utility scripts that I've used and shared with the world
available on Github:

https://github.com/Dyrcona/evergreen_utilities/tree/master/perl

A couple of those might prove useful as examples, possibly loaderecords.pl.

My pre-conference presentation last year covered getting started writing
utility programs in Perl using the Evergreen back end. The files for it
are also available on Github:

https://github.com/Dyrcona/evergreen2019-preconference

I hope that you find the above to be useful, and if you have more
technical questions, the conversation should probably move to the
development list.

Cheers,
Jason