[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Marc field change script

Rogan Hamby rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Tue Apr 7 09:03:34 EDT 2020

To me, and this is personal preference I think, I don't see a big
difference between writing something once outside the db versus in it.
Both approaches are fine in my mind.  It does make me think of a point I
didn't mention though, which is I wouldn't store a function in any existing
Evergreen schema.  If you do make your own functions for tasks like this
create a distinct schema for them along with any tables.  I'm not a fan of
mixing project stuff into the stock schemas.