[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fresh install of Evergreen 3.4 assistance

Ryan Eby ebyr at aadl.org
Mon Jan 6 14:17:22 EST 2020

The first problem is normal presuming you have not logged in as the postgres user. Your client is likely using the socket by default. The default pg_hba.conf (I think) has 'local all all peer' which does peer for users that are not postgres. Guessing you were logged in as normal user account or opensrf? You could change the local all all line to password or md5 depending on what you are doing. The line you included would only work for the local postgres user.

The second part isn't overly clear. If you don't have firewall issues with clients accessing port 7682 you do not need a proxy. If you want both evergreen web interface and the websockets served over the same 443 connection then you have to proxy the websocket 443 traffic in the background to 7682. Since this is just a test setup I don't think you need to bother unless you have UFW set to block all ports besides 80/443. You may want to disable ufw to see if your interface works fine with everything allowed.

If you are using websocketd with --ssl then you will want to make sure you are loading an ssl cert on the command line that your browser will accept. If it blocks the SSL in the background you mostly just know by blank pages. Your browser devtools will help a lot to figure out where things are going wrong with the staff webclient. You should be able to see the 7682 traffic either blocked or not working depending on whether it is an SSL or server issue.

Ryan Eby