[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fresh install of Evergreen 3.4 assistance

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Mon Jan 6 14:34:56 EST 2020

JonGeorg,

After looking more carefully at what you said, I think my original
answer is not really your problem, though it is definitely worth check
the listen_addresses directive.

When you don't specify the -h option with a host name or address, psql
will attempt to connect to the local domain socket.  This is usually
restricted to allowing on the postgres user to connect.

You could add a line to pg_hba.conf that looks like this:

local	all	all	md5

You can replace peer with peer or trust. After restarting postgres, you
should be able to connect as evergreen without the -h option.

The line written as

local	all	postgres	peer

Limits local connections to the postgres user.

HTH,
Jason