[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] overdue notifications to staff?

Morgan, Michele mmorgan at noblenet.org
Fri Jan 17 10:25:22 EST 2020

Diane,

That could potentially be done with an action trigger. The trigger could be
set up like an overdue notification at 72 hours, but the template could be
configured to send the notification to a staff member's email instead of,
or in addition to the patron's email.

The tricky part is to get the trigger just to apply to the hotspots and not
everything that's 72 hours overdue. It is possible to have a custom filter
on the server that will limit which circulations the trigger can apply to.
If the hotspot circulations can be identified by something in the
circulation table, like unique loan duration or rule name, that could be
used in a custom filter to limit to the hotspots.

Here's an example of an action trigger filter for an overdue notification
that limits to checkouts that happened at a specific library (org unit 30)
that have a 2 hour loan duration.

{
    "checkout.due" : {
        "context_org" : "circ_lib",
        "filter" : {
            "checkin_time" : null,
            "-or" : [
                { "stop_fines" : ["MAXFINES", "LONGOVERDUE"] },
                { "stop_fines" : null }
            ],
            "-and" : [ { "circ_lib" : 30 } ],
            "-and" : [ { "duration" : "02:00:00" } ]
        }
     }
}

Hope this helps,
Michele
--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Support Analyst
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org