[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2020 Volunteers

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Wed Jul 8 08:16:49 EDT 2020

Rogan,

If I can help, let me know.

Ruth Frasur
Evergreen Support and Development Administrator
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN  46204
(317) 460-7556

From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Rogan Hamby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 5:49 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2020 Volunteers

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Good afternoon,

As many people know the Hack-A-Way has been around for about nine years now and has been an event that has allowed developers to concentrate their efforts as a group.  A big part of that has been removing online barriers by letting them interact face to face.  Face to face is not such a great idea right now.  But we will keep calm and Evergreen on.

So, the Hack-A-Way this year goes online.  I'm hoping to solicit a few additional volunteers.   We will look at online meeting platforms and evaluate them to try to find the following:

1) one that allows dynamic creation of meeting rooms/streams so that users can gather together just as they could at physical tables at will
2) supports moderated meetings so that presentations can be done with question and input
3) supports recording the meetings and presentations for archival on the community Youtube channel
4) scheduling so that we don't have to do it manually

Then, this same group will organize the event, get it scheduled, and do whatever it takes to make it happen.  The requirements may change as we look at platforms but they are a starting point.  All of this will be with an eye toward learning some lessons for the future.  I hope to not only find a strong platform for this year but a platform that can be used to supplement the in-person Hack-A-Way in future years.

Anyone interested, just let me know.  We will work heavily by email but have some online meetings, especially to test tools.

Rogan Hamby, MLIS

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative

phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)

email:  rogan at EquinoxInitiative.org<mailto:rogan at EquinoxInitiative.org>
web:  http://EquinoxInitiative.org