[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wordpress Bookshelf/cover art plugin with Evergreen support

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Mon Mar 9 10:57:45 EDT 2020

Hello, a recent version of wordpress (5.3) fixed an issue that made it hard
to use the wordpress rest API to update bookshelves, so now it is possible
to update the library bookshelves with a simple http post request.  So you
can run a script on one of your evergreen servers that updates any number
of new book lists on wordpress sites.

An example of how we use it is at
https://larl.org/books-movies-more/

Currently a few changes need to be made to the plugin (as of version 4.9),

I've documented the changes, and added some setup notes, and the script we
use the create new lists and submit them at
https://gist.github.com/stompro/ffc3ad86cf7905b111dd7508882d936d

The plugin can be found at
https://wordpress.org/plugins/library-bookshelves/#developers

My scripts assume you are using the Evergreen (Record) mode, so the lists
are in bib.record.id format.  My example script also tries to check to see
if cover art exists, and excludes records that don't seem to have cover
art.  If you use "No Coverart" placeholder images, you may need to adjust
the script to detect those.

Josh

--
Josh Stompro - IT Director