[Board] ALA Annual and line items

Goben, Anna AGoben at library.IN.gov
Mon Jun 10 07:51:23 EDT 2019

I’ve added the item to the agenda:

https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2019-06-13

Anna Goben
Evergreen Indiana Coordinator
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-234-6624
Fax: 317-232-1925

From: Board [mailto:board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Galen Charlton
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2019 3:38 PM
To: Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at gmail.com>
Cc: board at list.evergreen-ils.org
Subject: Re: [Board] ALA Annual and line items

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 3:09 PM Galen Charlton <gmc at equinoxinitiative.org<mailto:gmc at equinoxinitiative.org>> wrote:
I think the general policy question should be put on the agenda for the next Board meeting. While I don't think it's good idea to require that the Board review every single adjustment adjustment for an activity for which an expenditure has been authorized by the Board, there could also be scenarios where the Board might prefer to cut our losses in the face of an unanticipated expenditure. There's also a broader question of how we want to manage budgeting in general, e.g., to distinguish between allocating $X amount a year for the Outreach Committee to spend as it sees fits vs. the Board authorizing specific projects.

I should clarify that I'm talking about general policy here; I don't have a present concern that the Outreach Committee is in danger of exceeding its budget.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton