[Eg-oversight-board] EG2013 (and future) conference website domains

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Feb 14 18:13:13 EST 2012

Hi,

On Feb 14, 2012, at 5:59 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre wrote:
> Is there a reason we couldn't leave the archives of each at the egYEAR.evergreen-ils.org?

Depends on the conference -- GRPL, Indiana, and Vancouver have all hosted the conference website on their own servers.  While it would be nice for the conference committees to keep the websites going for a while after the conference closes, it's of course unreasonable to expect them to do so indefinitely.  Echoing Dan, as a technical matter, it sounds like GRPL was easy to copy over and archive, but I could imagine that a full-blown Plone or Drupal site could be time consuming to archival.

> Communications Committee seems the reasonable group to handle DNS matters.  Galen, are you on the Communications Committee?  Want to be?

I'm not on it now, but sure, I'm happy to join.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton