[Eg-oversight-board] swag survey results

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:44:59 EDT 2013

I'm attaching the results of the Survey Monky swag survey.  I will also
paste below the full comments which you don't show up in the attached PDF
well.

My general interpretation:

Most respondents would be willing to buy from Cafe Press or Zazzle.  More
responded that they would buy from Cafe Press than Zazzle but that might be
from name recognition.  Far more people went out of their way on and off
survey to say they feel Cafe Press's items are of lower quality.  Less than
20% of respondents have no interest in Evergreen merchandise.  Some are
only interested if the products are ethically sourced.  So far we have only
looked at interest and that should be investigated when if we choose to
move forward with this.  It will be challenge though because services like
this usually use products from a wide variety of suppliers and determining
which are ethically sourced or not, or even where they come from can be a
challenge.

Interest by product:

*Clothing:* 44% somewhat like, 24% very likely, 32% not likely

Interest is moderate but decent.  I suspect designs will drive interest
largely here.

*Coffee cups, etc...:* 48% likely, 33% very likely, 20% not likely

We seem to have a large body of coffee drinkers in the Evergreen community.
 This over all got our best score.

*Skins and cover:* 48% not likely, 37% somewhat, 15% very likely

This was our next to lowest score.  Based on this if we implement these
products I would put them on a low priority.

*Buttons / Stickers*: 48% not likely, 41% somewhat, 11% very likely

This was our lowest score.  However, stickers as a specific item had a lot
of positive interest.  If we do any items out of this category I would
limit it to stickers.  Specifically, non-magnetic.  I suspect a good few of
those will end up on laptops which might be why the skins category did
poorly in part.  There was an additional request for book marks though and
I think that's a good idea.

Would you be interested in buying for your institution: YES 57%.  This one
surprised me a bit.  There were also questions about would it be possible
to do fundraisers or splits with libraries.

Pinesol_green quotes on products:

Yes total of 76%
No total of 24%

Full comments:

I use Zazzle for my own projects. I like it
8/23/2013 3:22 PM

i am less likely to buy a t-shirt than i am a polo shirt, sweatshirt,
hoodie or jacket. i am more likely to buy a laptop sleeve than a laptop
skin. i would likely buy a trucker hat/baseball cap, a keychain, and a
tote. i am not likely to buy buttons, mugs/drinkware or mousepads. how the
design appears on the article will always be a deciding factor
(large/small, front/back, centered/off-center).
8/23/2013 10:41 AM

Polo shirts
8/23/2013 10:33 AM

Volume pricing would be helpful.
8/21/2013 1:13 PM

If you do electronics-related swag, please make them available for Android
and other non-Mac products. And if you do t-shirts, please make them
available in women's clothing, not just men's.
8/21/2013 12:53 PM

plain old evergreen stickers are nice.
8/21/2013 11:10 AM

My "somewhat likely" responses are dependent on being offered ethically
sourced products.
8/21/2013 10:44 AM

I think it would be good to have sales at a table at the Evergreen
Conference, as well.
8/21/2013 10:42 AM

Note on Zazzle vs CafePress -- generally I think Zazzle's stuff is higher
quality and IIRC they allow you to set higher margins; while CafePress only
gives you 10% of the proceeds & most of the tshirts I've gotten from them
are thin and poorly printed.
8/21/2013 10:36 AM

I would be much more likely to buy this sort of thing at a conference than
from an online store.
8/21/2013 10:22 AM

Yes for pinesol_green. I would be unlikely to buy many Evergreen things
with just the logo.
8/19/2013 8:50 PM

Sounds fun. Also, I, for one, really really like stickers.
8/19/2013 4:16 PM

Good idea, stick to useful items (not magnets, etc.)
8/19/2013 12:32 PM

I'm not in a supervisory position, therefore question #6 is probably less
applicable to me.
8/19/2013 10:32 AM

Great ideas, thanks for working on this.
8/19/2013 10:12 AM

Great idea!
8/19/2013 10:02 AM

Is it possible to tie such a campaign through the libraries directly to the
patrons with a revenue split between EGILS and the library the patron is
from. Support your local library etc.?
8/19/2013 8:25 AM

Evergreen Bookmarks
8/18/2013 11:51 PM