[Eg-oversight-board] Proposed conference photography policy

Andrea Buntz Neiman aneiman at kent.lib.md.us
Wed May 7 10:03:11 EDT 2014

On 5/7/2014 8:53 AM, Chauncey Montgomery wrote:
> Could you perhaps have a generic, anonymous survey that goes out to
> all conference goers, prior to the event asking preference? This would
> give you a rough count without collecting names.  I was thinking a
> simple Google form (or equivalent) with the text of the policy and the
> choices following.  There would be no record generated except a raw
> count of the lanyard choices. Then you could order X% more of each,
> just in case folks change their mind on location.
> Just an idea.
> CM

If this isn't too onerous, it would seem to be a good compromise between
losing the sponsorship vs retaining the data.  Personally I do not
object to my preferences being retained, but I understand that someone
who does not wish to be photographed would similarly not wish to have
that preference recorded anywhere.

Otherwise, we could see if someone were interested in a multi-year
lanyard sponsorship and buy a lot of each color for people to pick up as
they wish, per Kathy's suggestion.  We'd lose the "year" element of the
branding, but would still be able to offer the organization's name on
the lanyard.

A.

Andrea Buntz Neiman, MLS
Librarian II, Public Services