[Eg-oversight-board] Proposed conference photography policy

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Wed May 7 12:15:40 EDT 2014

As I recall correctly, this year there was a speaker that made it clear they did not want to be photographed, and I assumed this included not being video taped. I see why you would want to require that those that are going to be speakers agree to being photographed (or at least their projected slides), but I wanted to just bring up that it could make some not want to give presentations.

On a related note, concerning the policy stating that we will not record the audio of those that do not wish to be recorded. I recorded the conference's Git tutorial, and I happened to just place my camera facing the projector screen. I know for a fact that at times I was able to record the audio of some of the people that asked questions during the session. So at next years conference, if I did something similar, I would not be able to see the color of the lanyard of the person asking a questions. What should I do about the audio recording of questions? Should we add an exception for audio recordings of Q/A?

Thanks,
Yamil