[Eg-oversight-board] Proposed conference photography policy

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:30:23 EDT 2014

Increasingly when I speak at conferences outside the Evergreen ones I have
to sign over the right to be photographed.  It is increasingly the norm and
if it limits some small selection of speakers I'm willing to accept that.
 We can't make everyone happy.  I'm perplexed why anyone would object in
fact since they're putting themselves in a public space by presenting.  I
can understand not wanting the presentation itself shared, especially if
they're a big speaker who does a lot of paid speaking however.  The events
themselves increasingly use social media though and I think it's also just
an acknowledgment of reality.  I know pictures of speakers were posted on
twitter and other social media without asking the permission of individual
speakers this last year and it will happen in the future as well.