[Eg-oversight-board] Targeted fundraising for Evergreen Outreach

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri May 29 17:51:00 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm sending along an update of activities for the Outreach Committee.
We've been busy pulling together arrangements for our exhibit at ALA
that is coming up very quickly.

The Board voted at its March meeting to establish a budget line item for
this effort in the amount of $5,000 to fund exhibit expenses at ALA
annual. However, as part of the proposal, I had said that we would
launch a targeted fundraising campaign to support this effort.

We are ready to launch this campaign next week, and I wanted to share
the information with the Board before it happens. We've posted a page at
http://evergreen-ils.org/outreach-support with details about the
campaign. The page includes a special PayPal link provided to us by the
Conservancy that will identify that the funds should be used to support
Outreach.

We will be acknowledging contributors to the program by adding them to
an Evergreen Outreach Supporters page -
http://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-outreach-supporters/.  I have already
added C/W MARS, MVLC and NOBLE to the page since they contributed the
funds that secured the exhibit space at ALA.

The $20,000 target comes from the $17,500 ballpark I originally shared
with the Board
(http://list.evergreen-ils.org/pipermail/eg-oversight-board/2015-March/000964.html).
Once you add the 10% administrative fee that goes to the conservancy, we
need to raise $19,250 to cover the $17,500 in projected costs for the
trial period.  There are also PayPal fees to account for.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
klussier at masslnc.org