[Eg-oversight-board] Fwd: Evergreen participating in Outreachy again?

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Tue Feb 16 11:48:30 EST 2016

Ruth (and everyone),
I think it's worth having a discussion about at the conference but I don't
necessarily think the EOB meeting is a good place for it.  Happy to hear
contradicting opinions though!

Maybe it would be beneficial to get some input from the people we keep
failing - people who are new or unfamiliar with the project/code/product.
Do you think we could solicit some feedback at the conference by getting
some people to hand out a quick anonymous survey at their presentations?
Or making one available online and pushing it at the beginning or end of a
talk?

Things I think we could learn from a survey of first-timers/newbies:
-- How easy is it to find information you want about Evergreen?
-- What did you wish someone had explained to you about Evergreen?
-- How confident do you feel asking questions of the community?  Do you
think the community is accepting/encouraging?
-- When you ask for help, how helpful is the assistance you receive from
the community?  How could it be improved?
-- Would you say you get too many opinions or not enough?
etc. etc.

So, maybe we start by asking people how the community can do better with
supporting/explaining our product/process/needs... and that will lead us to
some concrete improvements we can make to structure things better for a
future mentoring program?

Just an idea...
Grace

gdunbar at esilibrary.com