[Evergreen-acq] Multiple providers with one EDI account

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Tue Mar 31 11:53:35 EDT 2020

Hi Tiffany,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:14 AM Tiffany Little <tlittle at georgialibraries.org>
wrote:

> Is there any reason that they *shouldn't* do this? I can't think of
> anything off the top of my head, other than if they want to get a complete
> picture of that vendor account in reports they'll have to select both
> providers.

If the library is receiving order responses and/or invoices from the vendor
in addition to sending outgoing POs via EDI, having them share a single EDI
account raises the distinct possibility that the responses and invoices may
not get linked up properly. While the database schema allows multiple
providers to use the same account as their EDI default, an EDI account
itself can link directly to only one provider.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton