[Evergreen-admin] Evergreen server installation problem

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Tue Mar 19 10:32:10 EDT 2013

Hello, Petr.

On 2013-03-17, at 05:19 , Petr Brož <petr.broz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Evergreen. I hope that this is the right mailing list for this kind of question.

Yes, this mailing list is for system administration discussion.

> I have encountered these errors in Step 7: "Start the OpenSRF C services and check for errors" in the troubleshooting:
>
> opensrf at green:/openils/conf$ grep ERR /openils/var/log/*.log
> /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.cstore 2013-03-12 21:49:35 [DEBG:1854:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [ssr]: 0, ERROR: "search_result" is a composite type
> /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.pcrud 2013-03-12 21:49:35 [DEBG:1856:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [ssr]: 0, ERROR: "search_result" is a composite type
> /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:open-ils.reporter-store 2013-03-12 21:49:35 [DEBG:1855:oils_sql.c:435:] No data found for class [ssr]: 0, ERROR:  "search_result" is a composite type

> Before that I have noticed in Step 6 that I have no OpenSRF controller and master processes running. But I do not know how severe is that.

OpenSRF does have to be installed prior to running Evergreen. Then, after installing OpenSRF, you need to go in and fix the config files to work with Evergreen. Somewhat confusingly, OpenSRF and Evergreen use the same configuration files, but the format required for Evergreen is different. Specifics are in the documentation.

> Before that I have had settings-tester.pl report that:
>
> Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
> libdbi PostgreSQL driver not found in shared library path;
>   you may need to edit /etc/ld.so.conf or add an entry to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
>   and run 'ldconfig' as root

If my understanding is correct, this error can be ignored on Ubuntu 12.04.

If your Evergreen database is on the same server as the Evergreen application, you should use "localhost" for hostname (without quotes). The port should stay at 5432 and dbname should be the name of the database you wish to create, usually "evergreen".

> Before that I have had problems with the OpenSRF installation since my server didn't have a fixed hostname. I am installing Evergreen on a virtual server in AWS and AWS, by default, assigns a different hostname to the server each time it starts. And ejabberd was confused when the hostname changed. I have had to fix the hostname and delete all files in /var/lib/ejabberd/ to continue.

Perhaps if you use "localhost" for your hostname it could help work around that problem? Otherwise, you could always install a Virtualbox VM and try on your local machine, unless your goal is specifically to test with AWS.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator
PALS
www.mnpals.org