[Evergreen-admin] FW: Fresh 2.5.2 install error connecting via Staff Client (Windows)

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Thu Feb 13 11:25:14 EST 2014

Hi, Tim

Thanks for all the great info! There's something that looks like it might be telling in your router-private.log file. It points to this part of the OpenSRF software: http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=OpenSRF.git;a=blob;f=src/router/osrf_router.c;h=359d98a86dd6353e9f8aafe716c48706c978b96c;hb=9516696af415545e237afc77c45d6d404eb10fe6#l479
>From the description of that function (emphasis added, that part is where your error is thrown):

The presumption is that the relevant node is dead.  If another node is available for the same class, then remove the dead one, create a clone of the message to be sent elsewhere, and return a pointer to it.  If there is no other node for the same class, send a cancel message back to the sender, remove both the node and the class it belongs to, and return NULL.  If we can't even do that because the entire class is dead, log a message to that effect and return NULL.

It would appear (to me) that the issue is centered around no opensrf at private.localhost node existing and thus, OpenSRF tells you it's not connected. When it comes to Evergreen Admin, I'm pretty sharp. But, we're now into OpenSRF territory, and that confuses the heck out of me lol. It's probably time to pass the support torch to somebody else.

My suggestion to you is to send this issue to the Dev Mailing list (http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/mailman/listinfo/open-ils-dev (don't forget to subscribe first)). I'm super-confident they'll be able to help you out further, and that list sees a little more activity than this one does anyway. Try to forward as much of what we've gone through already.

Thanks!

Elliot J. Voris