[Evergreen-catalogers] Shelf-ready items

Andrea Buntz Neiman aneiman at kent.lib.md.us
Sat Jul 7 12:45:27 EDT 2012

Hi Janet,

We get shelf-ready books from Baker and Taylor -- we have them catalog
right in our Evergreen system.  Typically they bring in OCLC records and
upgrade them if needed, then add holdings according to the parameters
we've given them.   Since a lot of the company is based out of Georgia,
B&T has catalogers familiar with Evergreen.  The shelf-ready service is
available under their "Customized Library Services" and it's worked out
well for us, especially since we're so small!  I've found it to be
pretty cost-effective for Kent, and it frees me up to do original
cataloging on local and special items.

A.

Andrea Buntz Neiman, MLS
Technical Services Librarian