[Evergreen-catalogers] Update on the Cataloging Working Group at EG2013

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Apr 12 12:24:43 EDT 2013

At the Cataloging Working Group, we discussed development for RDA. The
consensus of opinion was that the development we really need at this point
is relatively minor. Default display for the 264 and search indexing for
the 3xx fields were the specific things we identified. Given that the new
Bibframe is still under development by LC and its partners and may require
extensive development, the group felt much more development for RDA would
not be productive. We would prefer to concentrate any development efforts
we might be able to cobble together toward improvements in the cataloging
interface and in authorities.

We discussed establishing a cataloging wiki page similar to the
authorities page Yamil developed
(http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=authorities).

How does this sound to everyone? Is there something else you feel needs to
be developed specifically for RDA?

If anyone else at the meeting has anything else to add?

Elaine

  _____

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128